Sunday, October 15, 2006

Preparing

I've just found a new site, www.peakoilblues.com. From a psychological perspective, it gives good tips for coping with the anxiety, depression, fear, panic, etc. that can come with learning about peak oil.

There's one part of the website that discusses the importance of being close to other people in your community. I'll admit, I still have a lot to do when it comes to proactively networking and getting to know everybody.

For me it's hard not to get depressed about peak oil. So I try to think that maybe some good will come out of it. Maybe most of us will become better people as we get to know and rely on our neighbors more. Maybe we'll become more grateful for what we do have. Maybe we'll have a deeper understanding of the world.

Only time will tell.

1 Comments:

Blogger google_PEAK_OIL said...

When I first learned of peak oil and it's implications, I was frightened by the thought that the life I and my family were used to would no longer be possible.
After a lot of thought, I came to the realization that I was the product of a lifetime of training to be a good consumer, and that much of what I had and consumed was an unnecessary burden.
I have concluded that as long as you have the means to eat and stay warm, dry, and clean, you really don't need much else to be well off and live a fulfilling life.
So my advice for preparing is to give a lot of thought to what you actually need, work to secure those basic things and stop caring about all the other stuff.
A good place to start is by reading the book "Affluenza" and some of the voluntary simplicity books.

7:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home